Proposals are especially welcome from emerging scholars, and from scholars underrepresented in MAQ, including scholars who are Black, Indigenous, and people of color; scholars from the global south; disabled scholars; and LGBTQIA+ scholars.
Proposals are accepted on a rolling basis and should include:
- Guest editor’s name, title, and institutional affiliation (if any).
- One writing sample (blog posts, conference papers, or other shorter-format work is preferred).
- Title and 250-word description of the proposed thematic issue which should:
- identify a timely social, theoretical, or analytical question or problem of relevance to medical anthropology.
- detail the importance and generative possibilities of situating that question/problem within the MAQ archive.
- Bibliography of 3-5 MAQ articles that might be included in the issue.
Inquiries and proposals can be sent to Zoë Wool at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line MAQ Reading the Archive.